Lean Training Programs
Introductory Lean Programs
- Lean Overview – Exposure to lean concepts and terminology helpful to lay the foundation for organizational lean initiatives.
- Lean 101 – An introduction to key lean concepts and tools where participants practice applying them to a simulated production process. 8 hours
- Intro to Lean with Simulation -- An introduction to lean class similar to Lean 101 but not as in depth. Ideal as a refresher course or for organizations who are restricted on time.
- Pillars – An introductory lean training session that teaches employees to see work inefficiencies, then work to reduce them in a simulated office process using a variety of lean tools.
- Lean Boot Camp - A lean foundational class that will introduce participants to basic lean concepts and cover popular tools to jumpstart your lean program.
Process Improvement Programs
- Launch – An intensive training where your employees will use lean methodologies to map and analyze an internal process and create a process improvement plan.
- Lean Process Mapping – A hands-on training teaching the fundamentals of process mapping and how to set up internal Lean projects to review processes.
- Value Stream Mapping – Instruction in the creation of “Value Stream Maps” which are used to evaluate, plan and prioritize improvements of all activities performed to deliver a product or service from the point of request to the point of delivery.
- A3 Problem Solving – Instruction in the application of the powerful A3 problem solving tool which promotes collaborative problem solving resulting in implementation and accountability.
Workspace Organization Programs
- 5S: Organizing Your Workspace - A hands-on, results-driven program to help employees organize their physical workspace for greatest workflow efficiency and effectiveness.
- Electronic 5S (Electronic Organization) - A training designed to increase efficiency by giving employees skills they need to effectively manage their electronic files.
- SharePoint Basics - An in-depth explanation of SharePoint with hands-on activities to foster information retention.
- SharePoint: Creating Effective Team Sites - Participants work on building and refining their collaborative SharePoint site.
- Pathways to a Paperless Environment - This dynamic series of workshops will help your organization prepare to transition from a paper-based to an electronic system.
- Cell Flow/SUR – Learn the basics on how to conduct work observations, break worksteps down for analysis then balance processes and organize the work cell to create efficient product flow. The second half of the class will look at steps to reducing changeover time to increase productivity.
Creating a Lean Culture
- Leading Change - The “Leading Change” workshop teaches
leaders how to identify and address the typical reactions that employees
have to manage and account for, allowing for smoother and less disruptive
environments during periods of change.
- Adapting to Change - “Adapting to Change” will help bring a greater understanding
of the human response to change, the benefits of change, and tips and
strategies for how to adjust to change more easily. This course is designed
for employees of all levels in the organization.
- Lean Leadership: Planning Your Lean Journey - This workshop helps leaders and staff develop a first year plan to launch Lean within their organization. Participants are guided in developing an initial rollout plan which includes tool selection, communication methods, consistent messaging, and how to build engagement.
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) - Understanding personality differences can help reduce unproductive interpersonal and internal organizational conflict. Teams and departmental units have found the MBTI® helpful in assessing strengths, motivations, and blind spots of their group in a non-judgmental way.
- Train-The-Trainer - Creating internal champions to lead process improvement activities is essential for creating a Lean culture. This outlines Train-The-Trainer options for organizations who want to learn how to utilize process mapping as a tool to conduct process improvement. Contact us about this or other train-the-trainer programs.
Facilitation and Implementation Assistance
Often having an “outside” facilitator or Lean expert to assist with facilitating meetings, work sessions or implementation of process improvement activities is critical to the success of continuous improvement projects. We design training programs to fit your needs and can design/facilitate other sessions as well, just give us a call.