« Return to Upcoming Events
Pillars: Intro to Lean for the Office
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
DMACC Southridge Center, Rm 20B
Recognize common office inefficiencies and the importance of process improvement.
Pillars is an introductory Lean course that teaches employees to see common types of wastes within a work process. Using an office simulation, employees practice applying basic Lean tools to reduce wastes and experience the benefits of time and cost savings possible through process improvement. While the training often helps identify potential improvement projects within an organization, actual evaluation of specific process and wasteful activities are achieved through subsequent workplacelean training modules.
Expected Outcomes for Participants
- Understanding of common Lean terminology
- Ability to identify inefficiencies within the work environment
- Ability to apply basic Lean tools to improve efficiency
Length of Class
- Introduction and setting expectations
- Understanding Lean process improvement
- Defining Non-Value Added Activities (wastes)
- Working with Wastes – Simulation Round 1
- Making Improvements – Simulation Round 2
- Steps for achieving predictable results
- Learning basic Lean tools
- Using Lean Tools– Simulation Round 3
- Wrap up and next steps
- 8 hours
Registration for this event is not open.
Documents and Files